Domain Registration Agreement
- IN THIS REGISTRATION AGREEMENT ("Agreement"), "Registrant", "you" and "your" refers to the Registrant of each domain name registration, "we", "us" and "our" refers to DNSimple Corporation, and "Services" refers to the domain name registration services provided by us as offered through DNSimple.com, the Registration Service Provider ("Registrar"). Any reference to a "registry," "Registry" or "Registry Operator" shall refer to the registry administrator of the applicable top-level domain ("TLD"). This Agreement explains our obligations to you, and explains your obligations to us for the Services. By agreeing to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, you are also agreeing to be bound by the rules and regulations set forth by a registry for that particular registry only.
- SELECTION OF A DOMAIN NAME. You acknowledge and agree that we cannot guarantee that you will obtain a desired domain name, even if an inquiry indicates that a domain name is available at the time of your application. You represent that, to the best of the your knowledge and belief, neither the registration of the domain name nor the manner in which you intend to use it, infringes upon the legal rights of a third party and further, that the domain name is not being registered for, nor shall it at any time whatsoever be used for, any unlawful purpose.
- FEES. As consideration for the Services, you agree to pay us the applicable service(s) fees prior to the effectiveness of a desired domain name registration or any renewal thereof. All fees payable hereunder are non-refundable even if your domain name registration is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your current registration term. As further consideration for the Services, you agree to: (1) provide certain current, complete and accurate information about you as required by the registration process, and (2) maintain and update this information as needed to keep it current, complete and accurate. All such information shall be referred to as account information ("Account Information"). You represent that the Account Information and all other statements put forth in your application are true, complete and accurate. Both DNSimple Corporation and each registry reserves the right to terminate your domain name registration if: (i) information provided by you or your agent is false, inaccurate, incomplete, unreliable, misleading or otherwise secretive; or (ii) you have failed to maintain, update and keep your Account Information true, current, complete, accurate and reliable. You acknowledge that a breach of this Section 3 will constitute a material breach of our Agreement, which will entitle either us or a registry to terminate this Agreement immediately upon such breach without any refund and without notice to you.
- TERM. This Agreement will remain in effect during the term of your domain name registration as selected, recorded and paid for at the time of registration or any renewal thereof. Should the domain name be transferred by you to another registrar that is not affiliated with us, the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall cease.
- MODIFICATIONS TO AGREEMENT. You acknowledge that the practice of registering and administering domain names is constantly evolving; therefore, you agree that we may modify this Agreement, or any other related and/or applicable agreement, as is necessary to comply with our agreements with ICANN, a registry or any other entity or individual, as well as to adjust to changing circumstances, or for any other reason we deem necessary in our sole and absolute discretion. All amendments to this Agreement will be posted on our website. Your continued use of the domain name registered to you will constitute your acceptance of this Agreement with any revisions. If you do not agree to any change, you may request that your domain name registration be cancelled or transferred to a different accredited registrar. You agree that such cancellation or request for transfer will be your exclusive remedy if you do not wish to abide by any change to this Agreement, or any other related and/or applicable agreement.
- NO GUARANTEE. You acknowledge that registration or reservation of your chosen domain name does not confer immunity from objection to the registration, reservation or use of the domain name.
- DOMAIN NAME DISPUTES. You agree that, if the registration or reservation of your domain name is challenged by a third party, you will be subject to the provisions specified in the dispute policy adopted by the applicable registry. You agree that in the event a domain name dispute arises with any third party, you will indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions contained in the applicable policy. If we is notified that a complaint has been filed with a judicial or administrative body regarding your domain name, we may, at its sole discretion, suspend your ability to use your domain name or to make modifications to your registration records until (i) we is directed to do so by the judicial or administrative body, or (ii) we receive notification by you and the other party contesting your domain that the dispute has been settled. Furthermore, you agree that if you are subject to litigation regarding your registration or use of your domain name, we may deposit control of your registration record into the registry of the judicial body by supplying a party with a registrar certificate from us.
- POLICY. You agree that your registration of the domain name shall be subject to suspension, cancellation, or transfer pursuant to an DNSimple Corporation, registry, ICANN or government-adopted policy, or pursuant to any registrar or registry procedure not inconsistent with an DNSimple Corporation, registry, ICANN or government-adopted policy, (1) to correct mistakes by us or a registry in registering the name or (2) for the resolution of disputes concerning the domain name.
- AGENCY. Should you intend to license use of a domain name to a third party you shall nonetheless be the domain name holder of record and are therefore responsible for providing your own full contact information and for providing and updating accurate technical and administrative contact information adequate to facilitate timely resolution of any problems that arise in connection with the domain name. You shall accept liability for harm caused by wrongful use of the domain name, unless you promptly disclose the current contact information provided by the licensee and the identity of the licensee to a party providing the Registered Name Holder reasonable evidence of actionable harm. You represent that you will secure the agreement of any third party to the terms and conditions in this Agreement.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS. We reserve the right to distribute information to you that is pertinent to the quality or operation of our services and those of our service partners. These announcements will be predominately informative in nature and may include notices describing changes, upgrades, new products or other information to add security or to enhance your identity on the Internet.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT OUR ENTIRE LIABILITY, AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, WITH RESPECT TO ANY SERVICES(S) PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT IS SOLELY LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE INITIAL REGISTRATION OF YOUR DOMAIN NAME. DNSIMPLE CORPORATION AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, ICANN AND THE APPLICABLE REGISTRIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY OF THE SERVICES OR FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LOSS OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (1) LOSS OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM ACCESS DELAYS OR ACCESS INTERRUPTIONS; (2) LOSS OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM DATA NON-DELIVERY OR DATA MIS-DELIVERY; (3) LOSS OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD; (4) LOSS OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THE UNAUTHORIZED USE OR MISUSE OF YOUR ACCOUNT IDENTIFIER OR PASSWORD; (5) LOSS OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR MISSTATEMENTS IN ANY AND ALL INFORMATION OR SERVICES(S) PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT; (6) LOSS OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THE INTERRUPTION OF YOUR SERVICE. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF REGISTRATION AND USE OF YOUR DOMAIN NAME, OR FOR INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- INDEMNITY. You agree to release, indemnify, and hold DNSimple Corporation, its contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors and affiliates, ICANN, the applicable registries and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates harmless from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorney's fees, of third parties arising out of or relating to the registration or use of the domain name registered in your name, whether used by yourself, licensed to a third party or pursuant to the Whois Privacy Service, including without limitation infringement by you or a third party with access to your account. You also agree to release, indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions contained in the applicable Dispute Policy. When we are threatened with suit by a third party, we may seek written assurances from you concerning your promise to indemnify us; your failure to provide those assurances may be considered by us to be a breach of your Agreement and may result in the suspension or cancellation of your domain name. This indemnification obligation will survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
- TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP. The person named as Registrant on the Whois shall be the registered name holder. The person named as administrative contact at the time the controlling account identifier and password are secured shall be deemed the designate of the Registrant with the authority to manage the domain name. You agree that prior to transferring ownership of your domain name to another person (the "Transferee") you shall require the Transferee to agree, in writing to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If the Transferee fails to be bound in a reasonable fashion (as determine by us in our sole discretion) to the terms and conditions in this Agreement, any such transfer will be null and void. Per ICANN policy, transfer of ownership may result in an immediate sixty (60) day domain transfer lock prohibiting transfer of the domain registration to other ICANN accredited registrars.
- RENEWALS, FORFEITURE, AND DELETION. Domain names are registered for a finite period of time. Domain names may be automatically renewed if the automatic renewal option is specified. Domain names that are automatically renewed may be renewed up to 60 days prior to the published expiration date depending on the registry or registrar for the specific domain name, or other factors. Payment for automatically renewed domains will be processed using payment details on file. If you choose to disable automatic renewal, you will receive reminders prior to the expiration of your registration inviting you to renew your domain name and specifying the amount of time you have to renew your domain name. In the event that you fail to renew your domain name in a timely fashion, your registration will expire and we may, at our discretion, elect to assume the registration and may hold it for our own account, delete it or we may sell it to a third party. You acknowledge and agree that your right and interest in a domain name ceases upon its expiration and that any expired domain name may deleted from our system and/or made available for registration by a third party.
If we, in our sole discretion, have elected to renew the registration, you will be entitled to a grace period of forty (40) days during which you may re-register the domain name from us. Additional costs for the redemption and re-registration will apply. During this grace period, we may revise the "Whois" registration records to include our information. The domain name also may be listed for auction and promoted as being available for auction. If you do not re-register the domain name during the grace period, and the domain name is sold during any such auction, the auction sale will be concluded and ownership of the domain transferred to a third party at the end of the grace period.
If you fail to renew your domain name registration during the grace period, you acknowledge that you have abandoned the domain name and that it is available for sale and registration by any third party.
- BREACH. You agree that failure to abide by any provision of this Agreement, any operating rule or policy or the Dispute Policy provided by us, may be considered by us to be a material breach and that we may provide a written notice, describing the breach, to you. If within fifteen (15) calendar days of the date of such notice, you fail to provide evidence, which is reasonably satisfactory to us, that you have not breached your obligations under the Agreement, or you fail to cure a non-material breach, then we may delete the registration or reservation of your domain name. Any such breach by you shall not be deemed to be excused simply because we did not act earlier in response to that, or any other breach by you.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. You agree that your use of our Services is solely at your own risk. You agree that such Service(s) is provided on an "as is," "as available" basis. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements, or that the Service(s) will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service(s) or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the Service or that defects in the Service will be corrected. You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of Service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data. We make no warranty regarding any goods or services purchased or obtained through the Service or any transactions entered into through the Service. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the Service shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.
- INFORMATION. As part of the registration process, you are required to provide us certain information and to update us promptly as such information changes such that our records are current, complete and accurate. You are obliged to provide us the following information: (a) your full name, postal address, e-mail address, and voice and fax (if available) telephone numbers; (b) the domain name being registered; (c) the name, postal address, e-mail address, and voice and fax (if available) telephone numbers of the administrative contact for the domain name; (d) the name, postal address, e-mail address, and voice and fax (if available) telephone numbers of the billing contact for the domain name; and (e) the name, postal address, e-mail address, and voice and fax (if available) telephone numbers of the technical contact for the domain name. Any voluntary information we request is collected in order that we can continue to improve the products and services offered to you.
- DISCLOSURE AND USE OF REGISTRATION INFORMATION. You agree and acknowledge that we will make domain name registration information you provide available to ICANN, to the registry administrators, law enforcement agencies and to other third parties as applicable. You further agree and acknowledge that we may make publicly available, or directly available to third party vendors, some or all, of the domain name registration information you provide, for purposes of inspection (such as through our Whois service) or other purposes as required or permitted by ICANN and applicable laws. (a) You hereby consent to any and all such disclosures and use of, and guidelines, limits and restrictions on disclosure or use of, information provided by you in connection with the registration of a domain name (including any updates to such information), whether during or after the term of your registration of the domain name. You hereby irrevocably waive any and all claims and causes of action you may have arising from such disclosure or use of your domain name registration information by us. (b) You may access your domain name registration information in our possession to review, modify or update such information, by accessing our domain manager service, or similar service, made available by us.. (c) We will not process or maintain data about any identified or identifiable natural person that we obtain from you in a way incompatible with the purposes and other limitations which we describe in this Agreement. (d) We will take reasonable precautions to protect the information we obtain from you from our loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information.
- OBLIGATION TO MAINTAIN WHOIS. Your willful provision of inaccurate or unreliable information, your willful failure promptly to update information provided to us, or any failure to respond to inquiries by us addressed to the email address of the registrant, the administrative, billing or technical contact appearing in the Whois directory with respect to a domain name concerning the accuracy of contact details associated with the registration shall constitute a material breach of this Agreement and be a basis for cancellation of the domain name registration. Any information collected by us concerning an identified or identifiable natural person ("Personal Data") will be used in connection with the registration of your domain name(s) and for the purposes of this Agreement and as required or permitted by ICANN or an applicable registry policy.
- REVOCATION. We, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to deny, cancel, suspend, transfer or modify any domain name registration to correct a mistake, protect the integrity and stability of the company and any applicable registry, to comply with any applicable laws, government rules, or requirements, requests of law enforcement, in compliance with any dispute resolution process, or to avoid any liability, civil or criminal. You agree that we shall not be liable to you for loss or damages that may result from our refusal to register or cancel, suspend, transfer or modify your domain name registration.
- INCONSISTENCIES WITH REGISTRY POLICIES. In the event that this Agreement may be inconsistent with any term, condition, policy or procedure of an applicable registry, the term, condition, policy or procedure of the applicable registry shall prevail.
- NON-WAIVER. Our failure to require performance by you of any provision hereof shall not affect the full right to require such performance at any time thereafter; nor shall the waiver by us of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself.
- NOTICES. Any notice, direction or other communication given under this Agreement shall be in writing and given by sending it via e-mail or via regular mail. In the case of e-mail, valid notice shall only have been deemed to be given when an electronic confirmation of delivery has been obtained by the sender. E-mail notification to us must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any notice to you will be sent to the e-mail address provided by you in your Whois record. Any e-mail communication shall be deemed to have been validly and effectively given on the date of such communication, if such date is a business day and such delivery was made prior to 20:00 UTC, otherwise it will be deemed to have been delivered on the next business day. In the case of regular mail notice, valid notice shall be deemed to have been validly and effectively given five (5) business days after the date of mailing Postal notices to DNSimple Corporation shall be sent to:
DNSimple Corporation 2412 Irwin St Melbourne, FL 32901
and in the case of notification to you shall be sent to the address specified in the "Administrative Contact" in your Whois record.
- ENTIRETY. You agree that this Agreement, the applicable dispute policy and the rules and policies published by DNSimple Corporation and any applicable registry or other governing authority, are the complete and exclusive agreement between you and us regarding our Services.
- NO THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES. This Agreement shall not be construed to create any obligation by either DNSimple Corporation or Registrant to any non-party to this Agreement. Enforcement of this Agreement, included any provisions incorporated by reference, is a matter solely for the parties to this Agreement.
- GOVERNING LAW. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND INTERPRETED AND ENFORCED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF STATE OF FLORIDA AND THE FEDERAL LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA APPLICABLE THEREIN WITHOUT REFERENCE TO RULES GOVERNING CHOICE OF LAWS. ANY ACTION RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE BROUGHT IN EITHER THE STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS OF FLORIDA AND YOU IRREVOCABLY CONSENT TO THE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS.
- INFANCY. You attest that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement.
- FORCE MAJEURE. You acknowledge and agree that neither we nor the applicable registry shall be responsible for any failures or delays in performing our respective obligations hereunder arising from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to, acts of God, acts of civil or military authority, fires, wars, riots, earthquakes, storms, typhoons and floods.
- CONTROLLING LANGUAGE. In the event that you are reading this Agreement in a language other than the English language, you acknowledge and agree that the English language version hereof shall prevail in case of inconsistency or contradiction in interpretation or translation.
- TLD'S. The following additional provisions apply to any domain names that you register through DNSimple Corporation with the various registries:
- .com/net/org Domains: In the case of a ".com", ".net" or ".org" registration, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- Submission to UDRP. Registrant agrees to submit to proceedings under ICANN's Uniform Domain Dispute Policy ("UDRP") (http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/policy.htm) and comply with the requirements set forth by the Registry; these policies are subject to modification;
- For the adjudication of disputes concerning or arising from use of the domain name, the Registrant shall submit, without prejudice to other potentially applicable jurisdictions, to the jurisdiction of the courts (1) of the Registrant's domicile, and (2) where DNSimple Corporation is located, presently Melbourne, Florida.
- .com/net/org Domains: In the case of a ".com", ".net" or ".org" registration, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- WHOIS PRIVACY SERVICE. The following terms and conditions will apply if you subscribe to the Whois Privacy Service:
- Subscribers to the Whois Privacy Service have elected to include the following information in the publicly available Whois Registry:
- Contact Privacy Inc. Customer ####, where #### is an individual customer identification number which is unique per domain name, shall appear as the Registrant and Contacts name(s); (ii) Contact Privacy Inc.'s postal address and an Contact Privacy Inc. assigned email address and telephone number shall appear on behalf of the Registrant and the Contact(s); (iii) The primary and secondary nameservers shall be those designated by the Registrant; (iv) The original date of registration and the expiration of each domain name; (v) DNSimple Corporation will be identified as the registrar of record.
- You understand and agree that the Registrant and Contact Information that you have provided will be kept on file. You further agree and warrant that you will ensure that the Whois Information is true, accurate and up to date.
- You will will retain complete control over the domain name and its registration records and may suspend and reinstate the Whois Privacy Service at your discretion.
- The Whois Privacy Service may be used with both new and existing domain name registrations. You may use the Whois Privacy Service with respect to a domain name that has been transferred but it will only commence after the transfer has been completed. If you wish to transfer the domain name to a different registrar, the Whois Privacy Service must be disabled in order to initiate the transfer.
- We will send all obligatory renewal and transfer related messages to the Contacts you have designated.
- Communications Forwarding. Communications received with respect to a particular domain name registration will be handled as follows: (i) We will forward to you or a Contact all correspondence received by registered mail or traceable courier. This information may be opened, scanned and emailed to you or your Contact. Regular postal mail will be discarded or returned to sender at our discretion. (ii) Email correspondence will be forwarded to the address as it appears in DNSimple Corporation records. (iii) A voice mail message will advise all callers that inbound messages will not be accepted; calls will be directed to contact you via email, where written messages will be forwarded according to your instructions. (iv) We will only be responsible for forwarding communications where our details have appeared in the whois and when your Whois Information is accurate, complete and up to date.
- Right to Suspend and Disable. We shall have the right, at our sole discretion and without liability to you or any of your Contacts, suspend or cancel your domain name and to reveal Registrant and Contact Whois Information in certain circumstances, including but not limited to the following: (i) when required by law; (ii) in the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to further determination of an alleged breach of a law; (iii) to comply with a legal process served upon DNSimple Corporation; (iv) to resolve any and all third party claims including but not limited to ICANN's or a Registry's dispute resolution policy; (v) to avoid financial loss or legal liability; (vi) if we believe that you or one of your Contacts is using the Whois Privacy Service to conceal involvement with illegal, illicit, objectionable or harmful activities; or (vii) to transmit SPAM, viruses, worms or other harmful computer programs.
- You understand and agree that, in the event that we receive a formal complaint, notice of claim or UDRP, that we will have the right to disable the Whois Privacy Service pending final disposition of the matter.
- Subscribers to the Whois Privacy Service have elected to include the following information in the publicly available Whois Registry:
- ASSIGNMENT. You may not assign your rights under this Agreement to any party, without our consent, and any purported attempt to do so will be null and void. We may freely assign our rights and obligations under this Agreement and the Services provided by us to any party in our sole and absolute discretion.
- ACCEPTANCE OF AGREEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY EVALUATED THE DESIRABILITY OF THE SERVICE AND ARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATION AGREEMENT, GUARANTEE OR STATEMENT OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
March 30, 2018