We built DNSimple to be 100% remote from day one. Flexible schedules. No offices. Work where you want.
We speak different languages, and we program with different languages.
Honesty and Transparency
We're a bootstraped company, so we don't depend on venture capital. You have access to business goals, accounting, and salaries. No hidden agendas.
We care for our employees
Working for DNSimple is a two-way relationship. We adapt to your needs, too. We're open to everyone regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation.
Making domain management automation a reality
As a developer advocate, you will work with both Engineering and Marketing to represent DNSimple publicly. If you are not already, you will become an expert in DNS and domain names. You will work to grow DNSimple's presence in developer communities through engineering-as-marketing projects that align with DNSimple's overall objectives. You will work directly with marketing to identify opportunities and implement projects that help foster growth amongst engineers and technical organizations worldwide. You will help developers succeed with the DNSimple platform.
- Find, join, and engage in user groups, technical news and review sites, discussion groups (example Stack Overflow), etc.
- Engage in social media platforms with groups, such as Facebook and LinkedIn, to expand DNSimple's presence.
- Identify and submit proposals for speaking engagements at conferences.
- Identify and engage in podcast interviews.
- Design and implement engineering-as-marketing projects to attract new customers using the DNSimple APIs.
- Develop and maintain tutorials on how to use DNSimple and our services.
- Content creation for new customers, including blog posts, support documents, and in-app content.
- Work with existing customers to identify improvements and communicate requirements with engineering.
- Create accessible, engaging content out of highly technical topics to bring developers to the DNSimple platform.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years as a software developer in a professional capacity.
- Previous experience with integrating APIs, infrastructure tools, and services.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Verifiable contributions to open source projects or other public projects.
Additional Desired Skills
- Basic knowledge of DNS and domain names.
- Excellent digital organization skills.
- Open minded software development practitioner who is willing to explore new technologies and programming languages.
- Previous experience as a developer advocate.
- Previous public speaking experience.