We built DNSimple to be 100% remote from day one. Flexible schedules. No offices. Work where you want.
We speak different languages, and we program with different languages.
Honesty and Transparency
We're a bootstraped company, so we don't depend on venture capital. You have access to business goals, accounting, and salaries. No hidden agendas.
We care for our employees
Working for DNSimple is a two way relationship. We adapt to your needs, too. We're open to everyone regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation.
Making domain management automation a reality
You must be located in North or South America.
Chef expert? Join us to grow our automated infrastructure and help others on the team deliver infrastructure as code.
As a DNSimple Operations Engineer, you are responsible for developing automation and managing risk for our mixed bare metal & cloud based infrastructure. This includes assisting development with application lifecycle management and growing our current platform to address the evolving requirements of our customers.
The Technical Operations Team:
- We are a fully distributed team of experienced professionals.
- We use Chef-Infra to manage all systems and Chef-Inspec to test our changes in CI/CD.
- We update and use our documentation rigorously to keep runbooks up to date.
- We automate wherever possible; documenting, understanding, and then removing manual procedures.
- We test our code, we use code review, and we ship multiple times a day.
- Build, maintain, & enhance the infrastructure for our applications and dependencies.
- Help deploy and manage our various application's lifecycles.
- Review resources usage, define changing capacity requirements, & tune where necessary.
- Maintain metric based montitors and attached runbooks to help the whole team rapidly triage & resolve issues.
- Update and clarify documentation, incident handling, and operational procedures.
- Communicate progress on projects with the DNSimple team through GitHub & Trello.
- Review other team members pull requests in a timely fashion.
- Answer customer support requests, helping customers achieve their goals and recording issues when changes need to be made to handle bugs or enhancements.
- Participate in our 24hr cycle incident management on-call rotation.
- Strong English comprehension and writing skills.
- Previous experience using Chef-Infra, Ubuntu, and PostgreSQL is required.
- Previous experience deployment Ruby web applications is required.
- Experience tuning and managing Linux system lifecycle is a must.
- Linux networking and software controlled BGP experience is preferred.
- Experience managing or developing Go or Erlang is a bonus.
Enterprise Sales Representative
You must be located in North America.
Have experience selling SaaS products to Enterprise? Join us and help us grow our outbound Enterprise sales.
As an Enterprise Sales Associate, you are responsible for identifying potential enterprise and value-added reseller leads and selling DNSimple’s products and services to those leads. Additionally you will work the DNSimple team to refine our sales processes to promote healthy top-line and bottom-line growth.
- You will provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and profitability.
- You will consistently track your leads and conversions and regularly report this information to company leadership.
- Present, promote and sell DNSimple products and services using solid arguments to prospective customers.
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments.
- Analyze the territory/market's potential, track sales and status reports.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends.
- Continuously improve through feedback.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with CRM tools and best practices.
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills.
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs.
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback.
- Previous experience as an enterprise sales representative in the technology sector.