We built DNSimple to be 100% remote from day one. Flexible schedules. No offices. Work where you want.
We speak different languages, and we program with different languages.
Honesty and Transparency
We're a bootstraped company, so we don't depend on venture capital. You have access to business goals, accounting, and salaries. No hidden agendas.
We care for our employees
Working for DNSimple is a two way relationship. We adapt to your needs, too. We're open to everyone regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation.
Making domain management automation a reality
Customer Success Technician
As a Customer Success Technician, you are responsible for ensuring the highest quality of experience for DNSimple customers.
- Improve overall customer support processes and document them effectively, allowing all team members to provide consistent support to all customers.
- Develop software tools and scripts to help improve customer success.
- Understand problems at a high level to triage accurately, more specifically:
- Prioritize identified systems problems based on level of impact on customer happiness (how often they occur, how significant the impact is).
- Verify that support requests are distributed across all team members over time.
- Ensure that support issues don’t stay unanswered in our system.
- Identify system problems that should be addressed through research & development based on incoming support requests and document those issues so that they can be assigned to team members for design and implementation.
- Gain technical understanding of DNSimple’s systems to help provide high quality support for requests that are assigned to you.
- Assist the other team members to update internal support documentation and public support documentation to be used when responding to support requests.
- Coordinate with marketing and sales to deliver optimal account management for high valued customers.
- Excellent English writing and comprehension. You are expected to write clear prose to communicate with customers and team members alike.
- Able to analyze data and identify trends using logical data analysis techniques. Experience with data analysis tools is expected.
- Basic proficiency in software development, ideally with experience developing in Ruby.
- Previous experience working with a distributed development team.
- Ability to work independently and maximize time management is expected.
- Previous experience supporting customer success.
- Past experience writing knowledge articles is preferred.
Ruby & Go Systems Developer
As a DNSimple Systems Developer, you are responsible for implementing new functionality, enhancing existing functionality, fixing issues, and developing an overall system to help achieve customer success through the automation of their domain management.
- We're a fully distributed team of experienced developers.
- Our systems are developed in multiple languages: Ruby, Go, Erlang. Ruby is our primary language.
- We deploy and operate our applications and infrastructure.
- We care about code quality and we adopt best practices to ensure maintainability.
- We test our code, we use code review, and we ship multiple times a day.
- Design and implement well-tested Ruby application code for dnsimple.com.
- Design and implement well-tested Go application code for a variety of support services.
- Clearly communicate progress on projects with the DNSimple team through commits, GitHub pull requests, and GitHub issues.
- Review other team member pull requests in a timely fashion.
- Answer customer support requests, helping customers achieve their goals and recording issues when changes need to be made to handle bugs or enhancements.
- Previous experience developing Ruby software, using Ruby on Rails, is required.
- Previous experience with git for version control is required.
- Previous experience developing Go software is preferred.
- Confident with testing and Test Driven Development.
- Confident with SQL (PostgreSQL in particular).
- Strong object oriented design skills and familiarity with SOLID principles preferred.
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design preferred.
- Experience operating production systems and taking responsibility for uptime and stability.
- Strong English comprehension and writing skills required.
- Tangible contribution to the open-source community or trackable record of public talks is preferred.