We built DNSimple to be 100% remote from day one. Flexible schedules. No offices. Work where you want.
We speak different languages, and we program with different languages.
Honesty and Transparency
We're a bootstraped company, so we don't depend on venture capital. You have access to business goals, accounting, and salaries. No hidden agendas.
We care for our employees
Working for DNSimple is a two way relationship. We adapt to your needs, too. We're open to everyone regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation.
Making domain management automation a reality
You must be located in North or South America.
As a DNSimple Engineer, you are responsible for developing automation and managing risk for our mixed bare metal & cloud based infrastructure. This includes assisting development with application lifecycle management and growing our current platform to address the evolving requirements of our customers.
The Technical Operations Team:
- We are a fully distributed team of experienced professionals.
- We use Chef-Infra to manage all systems and Chef-Inspec to test our changes in CI/CD.
- We update and use our documentation rigorously to keep runbooks up to date.
- We automate wherever possible; documenting, understanding, and then removing manual procedures.
- We test our code, we use code review, and we ship multiple times a day.
- Build, maintain, & enhance the infrastructure for our applications and dependencies.
- Help deploy and manage our various application's lifecycles.
- Review resources usage, define changing capacity requirements, & tune where necessary.
- Maintain metric based montitors and attached runbooks to help the whole team rapidly triage & resolve issues.
- Update and clarify documentation, incident handling, and operational procedures.
- Communicate progress on projects with the DNSimple team through GitHub & Trello.
- Review other team members pull requests in a timely fashion.
- Answer customer support requests, helping customers achieve their goals and recording issues when changes need to be made to handle bugs or enhancements.
- Participate in our 24hr cycle incident management on-call rotation.
- Strong English comprehension and writing skills.
- Previous experience using Chef-Infra, Ubuntu, and PostgreSQL is required.
- Previous experience deployment Ruby web applications is required.
- Experience tuning and managing Linux system lifecycle is a must.
- Linux networking and software controlled BGP experience is preferred.
- Experience managing or developing Go or Erlang is a bonus.
Enterprise Sales Representative
You must be located in North America.
As an Enterprise Sales Associate, you are responsible for identifying potential enterprise and value-added reseller leads and selling DNSimple’s products and services to those leads. Additionally you will work the DNSimple team to refine our sales processes to promote healthy top-line and bottom-line growth.
- You will provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and profitability.
- You will consistently track your leads and conversions and regularly report this information to company leadership.
- Present, promote and sell DNSimple products and services using solid arguments to prospective customers.
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments.
- Analyze the territory/market's potential, track sales and status reports.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends.
- Continuously improve through feedback.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with CRM tools and best practices.
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills.
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs.
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback.
- Previous experience as an enterprise sales representative in the technology sector.